How to properly clean a baby car seat
There are so numerous options to choose from when deciding on this baby device. No matter the decorations or the extra accessories the main point of it is the child’s safety, which is vital to their well-being. These seats have been proven to reduce injuries when used in the proper way.
Every state in many nations requires children in these at least until age four and then the laws may vary from state to state on whether the minor requires a booster seat or not. Most children do not grow into regular restraint belts until around age seven or eight. The primary functions of these are to prevent the child from being ejected from the vehicle.
The first one, the child, will need is a newborn or infant which seats from four pounds up to twenty pounds. It is rear facing which helps the child to be comfortable, secure and safe. Next, the child will need a bigger one which is for children sizes forty pounds to eighty pounds. This seat can be rear facing or front facing.
A crucial thing to remember when purchasing a baby car seat is that the seats do have an expiration date. Most models expire after five or six years, due to the plastic drying out and degrading, which makes it more prone to cracks and not as safe. Also, buying used seats is not a good idea because you never know if it had been in an accident and if it was it is not a good idea to be used.
Adults can withstand the shocks and minor injuries that go along with moderate crashes but children cannot.
So, you want to know how to clean baby car seats in a proper way.
Sanity is important especially when we have babies around. As a parent, we will try to make everything clean so that our baby can live in a better environment. However, cleaning the baby car seat is the most difficult task to do, and we need to know each step very clearly to clean it up properly and make it last longer.
So, let ‘ s discover eight tips now..and it is this.
First, put away all the toys and remove the seat from the vehicle and place it on a blanket.
- Use a vacuum to clean the dirt, and pay close attention to the areas that hard to reach.
- Clean the plastic portions with gentle soap and hot water
- Now, remove the cover, and the best is to wash it with your washing machine ‘ s gentle cycle. Hang the over to dry and try not to use the dryer because it might shrink at some point.
- Some covers are not allowing you to remove it; therefore, you will need to spot clean the dirt by using the soap (please double confirm if the cover ‘ s material could clean with soap by checking it through the manual booklet) and try to leave the vehicle’s door open for few hours for removing the smell.
- Make sure that you did scrub the baby car ‘ s arm and bottom as these are places where most dirt located
- Wipe the toys that you take away earlier
- Re-install the seat into your vehicle and make sure all it is installed it safely and properly